Follow by Email

Prolife PhD Predicaments

If this dissertation defense goes as planned, I get my doctorate degree this year. After 6 years of research, blood, sweat, tears, and absolute misery 24/7 worrying about experiments and all kinds of other things that could go wrong...I decided not to walk at my school's graduation and, in doing so, will not be receiving all that recognition that comes with a doctorate. I don't get to walk with my peers. I don't get to get listed in the program. No handshakes, smiles, photographs, etc. Getting recognized for your hard work is a pretty big deal for a lot of people. Especially when if they get a doctorate for it. The invited speaker for this year's graduation ceremony was Cecile Richards, the president of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Needless to say, some things are more important than recognition. I may have the option to walk next year. We'll see. In the meantime, I'll just keep rocking on as a prolife millennial.

Pax Vobiscum

2 comments:

  1. Bravo for you! A more anti-woman person than Richards never lived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you'll be sorry. A sense of regret for what might-have-been? Yes. But sorry? No.

    What's more, it's bracing to take a stand.

    ReplyDelete