Follow by Email

Mary, the Mother of the Unborn: Prayer Card Series #2

I came across a very lovely prayer card today right after mass. This card features a beautiful version of a prayer for the unborn, which was composed by Servant of God Fulton Sheen. It is a prayer for the children who are in danger of losing their lives before they get the chance to take their first breath. It is a prayer card for the spiritual adoption of an unborn child and I think, perhaps, an invitation for me to spiritually adopt an unborn child who is in need of extra prayers (and also the parents of this child as far as I am concerned). 

This prayer card featured a red rose as well as a small sprig of amaranth. I felt this imagery to be incredibly beautiful and powerful.

Roses are certainly one of the flowers most associated with Mary. Amaranth, from the Greek amarantos meaning unfading as well as anthos for flower, is a flower that retains its color even after it is dried...giving the appearance of an undying flower. Perhaps the image of the prayer card was designed to convey the immortal soul of the children in danger of being lost because the world deems them too disposable to warrant a chance at life. No matter how "unplanned," sick, poor, etc. these children may be...they deserve a chance. Who better to acknowledge this than the mother of the Son of God...the redeemer that was to die for the salvation of the world? The mother that became a mother to all even as she stood on Calvary, watching her son die? 

I believe that the children lost to abortion are never truly lost. I believe that their souls live on, never fading away...because God loved them into eternal existence. In the same way, I believe that God loves the mothers who felt forced by circumstance to abort their children and I...and I pray that each one of them somehow seeks reconciliation with God and their child before it is too late. If you or a loved one has experienced abortion, I encourage you to seek God's mercy...which is unfathomable and limitless. I also encourage  you to seek healing through Rachel's Vineyard and to seek not only God's forgiveness, but your own as well. May God's mercy and love touch your hearts and enable them to heal.
This image does the original no justice, but it was the best I could find for now...
Cards can be purchased at John Brandi Co, Inc
The prayer on the back of the card is a version of the prayer composed by Servant of God Fulton Sheen: 
 
Mary, the Mother of the Unborn

Jesus, Mary ,and Joseph,
I love you very much.
I beg you to save the life of the unborn baby
that I have spiritually adopted,
and is in danger
of abortion.

Let me live...
Let me walk into the sunshine...
Let me live...
Feel my mother's arms around me...
Feel my father's love surround me...
Be a part of God's creation...
Let me live...

The original prayer by Servant of God Fulton Sheen: 

Jesus, Mary ,and Joseph,
I love you very much.
I beg you to save the life of the unborn baby
that I have spiritually adopted,
and is in danger
of abortion.

Mary, our Mother in Heaven,
pray for us,
and especially for your little ones
in danger of abortion! 

Pax Vobiscum

No comments:

Post a Comment