Follow by Email

MONKROCK MUST HAVE!!!

I think it goes without saying that I love Bl. John Paul II....soon-to-be Saint John Paul the Great. He's a saint in my book as far as I am concerned, but I think many of you can say the same. Well, in an effort to be more in the know with the happening New Evangelization scene, I have started following more and more Catholic pages, groups, people, etc. on Facebook, Twitter, email updates, etc. One of the cool sites I've started following is MONKROCK and boy do they have some awesome Catholic garb for sale. They also have some pretty awesome bloggers on board that are worth a read as well as many great graphics that embrace the brand of Catholicism that the world pretty much wishes was dead.


They tend to post some pretty cool stuff, whether it is prayers, quotes by saints, scripture, and many other updates that will make up for at least some of the rubbish you will typically see in your friends feed. Among all the posts I have been liking lately (many of which are Divine Mercy Chaplet prayers), one of the coolest things they have posted is the old-school soccer jersey below. Just in time for the upcoming canonization of one of Catholicism's most beloved popes....even if Poland never made it to World Cup 2014. *SIGH* I suppose Bl. JPII was busy interceding for other more important causes than Poland's victory in the World Cup. For the record, my family is very Portuguese...so it goes without saying that I come from a soccer-loving/football-loving culture. As Portuguese as my background may be, I have always and will always root for Team Poland when it comes to the World Cup. There's something about cheering for the underdog...or maybe I just can't help but sympathize with this great nation (seriously, read up on Poland's history, these people are the epitome of courage under fire). Okay, enough about this great nation..BACK TO THIS EPIC JERSEY. I want it. I must have it. It is simply too awesome to not be in my possession right now. 
Unless a meteor falls on my laptop, I will soon be the proud owner of this jersey. If I haven't convinced you to buy it yet, just check out the sweet product description:


Perfect for World Youth Day 2015 in Poland! This throwback soccer jersey honors Pope John Paul II, born Karol Jozef Wojtyla, who will soon be canonized a saint. The Pope's native country Poland (Polska) is on the front along with his Totus Tuus ("Totally Yours") papal seal. On the back is the Pope's last name (Wojtyla) and the number 05 signifying the year of his passing (2005). White Design [Front & Back] on Red Jersey / 50% Polyester, 50% Cotton / © 2012 MONKROCK, LLC - See more at: http://monkrock.com/index.cfm?load=page&page=36&group=52#sthash.OzANOazj.dpuf

I can already see myself slicing brains in the lab, rocking this gorgeous jersey. It's evangelizing potential is astronomical. I can already see the curious looks that lead to questions and conversations about one of the greatest popes of all time. I can see myself riding the subway with rosary in hand, making Bl. JPII proud as I pray the mysteries and evangelize by example. I can see this jersey pop up 20 years ago as I am flipping through the family photos with my children...cousins, you name it. I will tell them of the awesomeness that was Bl. JPII. Whovians the world over will fawn over their first Doctor. Catholics, on the other hand, fawn over their first Pope. As much as I love Pope Emeritus Benedict and Pope Francis, there will always be a special place in my heart for my first Pope, Bl. John Paul II...and I can commemorate this love with this awesome shirt. Now please excuse me as I go make the purchase!

Pax Vobiscum

Pictures of me in this jersey to follow....HUZZAH!


***Update, the jersey has been ordered!***

No comments:

Post a Comment