Follow by Email

Say "YES" to Life

I was clicking through my morning news, Chicken Soup for the Soul stories, etc....when I chanced upon this gem in Rome Reports and fell in love with Pope Francis even more.
“All too often, people do not choose life, they do not accept the ‘Gospel of Life’ but let themselves be led by ideologies and ways of thinking that block life, that do not respect life, because they are dictated by selfishness, self-interest, profit, power and pleasure, and not by love, by concern for the good of others.” 
- Pope Francis
I don't know what it is about him, but I love the way he approaches the subject...and just about every other subject. We all know I'm a Papa Francis groupie so of course I'm a fan of anything he's got to say...but this prolife tidbit just made my morning.

The Video: Pope's Angelus: Say 'yes' to life!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. He has made me change some of my behaviors so that I try to be more Franciscan. Imagine a Jesuit doing that!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess one of the good things about being a PhD student on a stipend is that I am already well on my way to being more Franciscan whether I like it or not! In all seriousness, I agree. Even my more secular friends gravitate towards this man...and the example he lives.

      Delete