Follow by Email

A Cute Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI Flashback


This is a video about "The Mystery of the Little Pond," a children's book about Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, which was published last year. From what I have read, the book is based on Pope Emeritus Benedict's love of some of God's littlest creations, the pond fish he used to feed Castel Gandolfo. 

Italian copy of Tsarkova's book...her painting style is just BEAUTIFUL
Yes, the video is about a year old...but it is SO CUTE! It shows Pope Emeritus Benedict petting a koala, a lion, and a variety of animals. The artwork and story are by one of my new favorite artists, Natalia Tsarkova, a very talented artist who has been a bit of a resident portrait painter at the Vatican. If you follow me on Twitter, I recently posted about her. I simply fell in love with the manner in which she painted Bl. Pope JPII and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. I am not sure what the status is for Pope Francis's portrait...but I hope they stick with her. 
Back Cover of book featuring Pope Emeritus Benedict feeding the fish!
Enjoy!

Pax Vobiscum

*I am not sure if there is an English version of this book....but if anyone out there finds it, please let me know!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment