Follow by Email

Things I would rather be doing...

I really don't feel like working on my quals right now and feel like I've wasted an entire day. I have the bad habit of setting very high goals for myself when it comes to planning work out for the weekend. My Wednesday self was thoroughly convinced that I would have finished writing one of my qualifying exam grant applications by this evening. Yeah, that never happened. What I did do was go grocery shopping, run errands, procrastinate, go window shopping, procrastinate, eat at my favorite French place (now that I finally got paid!!), procrastinate, drop someone off at the train station, procrastinate...well, you get the idea. I then spent some time looking up the perfect Father/Daughter dance song...because it seemed like a good idea at the time. This is such a bad habit for me... Every time I want to get started on work, a million distractions pop out of nowhere. Next thing you know, I'm wondering where all the time went.

I go on Twitter for a moment and see on of Bad Catholic's tweets... and next thing you know, I am led to one of the most hysterical (and Catholic) tumblrs of all time. (I apologize in advance to all of my fellow procrastinators...) Well, here it is...I give you "What Should Catholicism Call Me?" Thankfully, it seems like it's a relatively new tumblr...so you only have to go back 10 pages to see all of the hysterical gifs. Below is a screenshot of one of my favorite ones thus far...just so you get an idea of what you're in for. 
I think it goes without saying that all you Harry Potter (and Doctor Who, Merlin, Sherlock, Lord of the Rings, Downton Abbey, etc.) geeks out there are really going to appreciate most of the gifs. 

Okay, here's one more: 


Happy procrastinating!

Pax Vobiscum



********UPDATE!**********

I bring you another great way to procrastinate: CHECK OUT THE TRAILERS FOR THE HOBBIT!!!
Thank you to to my Wandering Friend for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment