Follow by Email

There's always time for a quick prayer...and Lord of the Rings

In the case of Gollum, it proves to be quite fruitful. Another soon-to-be-classic from  Catholic memes.


I am not on Facebook right now ...but Catholic Memes also has a pretty awesome Facebook page. I may return to the Facebook post-election once the "tolerant-as-long-as-you-agree-with-me" fools start settling down...or I may return once my qualifying exams are over...or I may never return at all. Time will tell. However, whether you ever feel like pulling a St. Anthony with some "hammer of the heretics" responses to anti-Catholic trolls...or if you just want to laugh with every new meme...Catholic Memes is a pretty good Facebook page for you follow.

Catholic Lord of the Rings memes aside, I got some pretty great news to share. It's official, as in written-in-the-church's-wedding-calendar official. The Fiancé and I are going to get married at 10am on October 5th, 2013. He picked the date as well as time, and I am super-excited that this date falls on the Feast Day of Saint Faustina Kowalska. As you all may know, I have a devotion to the Divine Mercy chaplet and I have read Saint Faustina's diaries...which were very inspirational....so this is a pretty great date as far as I am concerned.

For all of you Tolkien nuts out there, October 5th also happens to be a not-so-awesome date in Lord of the Rings history. It marks the day that Isildur is slain by orcs after having lost the ONE RING. With that said, I may have to get 8 more companions for the ring-bearer at my wedding....just in case. Or I may just leave it to Saint Anthony's intercession if the rings have a tough time making it to the altar.

In any event, I will keep you posted.

Pax Vobiscum

No comments:

Post a Comment