Follow by Email

I need every Saint Jude and Divine Mercy prayer I can get...

I have a little less than 3 weeks to finish the first draft of my qualifying exams. This blog is currently on hold as I try to finish up some mega data analysis and then somehow get a first draft together for my quals. To give you an idea of what my current situation looks like...I slept in the lab for the past 2 week nights. I also spent the greater part of Sunday redoing some analyses. I've been tired, scared, cranky, delirious, out of my mind, crazy...you name it...for the past week, but I did manage to finish several weeks-worth of work in about 5 days. How's that for determination?

I've had the urge to cry a few times already, but have convinced myself that I have no time to cry. I always have time to laugh...as evidenced by the semi-deranged laughter you often hear coming from my lab bench. However, crying is useless. A laugh will get you through the day, but crying has no use in my life. I'll save the tears for the next time I see For Greater Glory. If you haven't seen it already, do so now. It is seriously one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. Unfortunately, I have no time right now for a proper movies review. (My apologies Andy Garcia and everyone else involved in this epic movie!)

Once the current data analysis is over (and I still have A LOT OF NUMBER CRUNCHING TO GO), it's nothing but qualifying exam preparation at least until the first week of July is over.

As I get no serious vacation (by serious, I mean at least 4 straight weeks of it) for the next 3 years or so...and am aiming to do my qualifying exam in September...I may end up losing my mind.

In other news tonight, I have a new favorite PhD student-friendly tumblr: http://whatshouldwecallgradschool.tumblr.com/

One of the many gems found in the whatshouldwecallgradschool gold mine....
Pax Vobiscum!


1 comment:

  1. I prayed for serenity and clarity of thought for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete