1. Unfortunately, I missed most of Holy Thursday mass. I had class and recitation tonight, so I was only able to get back around 20 after 8 and then I had to walk to the church. This is no easy feat when it is cold and you find yourself having to walk past two abortion clinics.Fortunately, I did end up making it to the end of mass and got to see (and hear) a beautiful procession of the Eucharist around the church as the choir sang a lovely hymn in Latin.
3. Much to the chagrin of any militant feminists, eugenicists, pro-abortion folk, and Kathleen Sebelius, I prayed for the unborn as I walked past the abortion clinics. I prayed the St. Michael prayer in English and the St. Benedict prayer in Latin to help rid those places of the evil that preys on women in desperate situations and the evils that prey on certain minorities and socioeconomic statuses. I also prayed for the lives of the unborn, forgiveness for the mothers who chose abortion, and a change of heart for the people who work at these places and any mothers in danger of choosing death over life.
2. On a lighter note, I have signed up (and paid for) a beginner's photoshop class at the local art museum. I am so excited about trying this out! Who knows...it may even lead to comics for this blog (assuming,of course, that I can get used to all this newfangled technology).
3. I got a new scapular! It's at least 3 times the length and sturdiness of my old scapular (which was one of those freebie-type of scapulars). My new scapular is sturdy, and made of leather (or faux leather at least) lined with wool. I've been wearing it since I found it and really like it. I have to admit, however, that I cannot get rid of my old (and very tattered) scapular. I kept the old scapular in my pocket instead.
On a related note:
Does anyone out there know what to do with old scapulars?
Can you toss them? Is there a special way to dispose of them?
My scapular, just to clarify was never blessed...just worn quite a lot.
4. I realized that I live near a place that sells British goods. Needless to say, I got a monster-sized Cornish pasty there. I also tried Dandelion and Burdock soda...which was DELICIOUS. I may even venture to say that it is my new favorite soda.
Image from kitchen-delights @blogspot
|More tastiness! I could not help it!|