Follow by Email

Ring Around the Padre?

While clicking through "Pinterest" (my latest obsession and procrastination haven), I came across this photograph:

I don't know what it was about this photograph that struck me as awesome. My boyfriend was a film major in college, so maybe I have come to appreciate the struggle a photographer goes through to find the perfect shot. Or maybe I just loved it because I imagined the priests living the message behind Matthew 18:2:

Amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.- Matthew 18:2
...Or maybe it was the idea of priests playing a game of "Ring Around the Rosy." Whatever it was, it prompted me to do a quick search and I found some more pretty awesome images by Mario Giacomelli (1925-2000). This particular photograph is part of his "Pretini" ("Little Priest") series. I am still in the process of reading up on Mario Giacomelli's life and works...but I like his work already. I am especially impressed by the fact that Giacomelli was a self-taught photographer. Check out more of his stuff here!

Pax Vobiscum

Oh, okay...just because I can't help myself...more photographs!
Hahaha!
 I do this with my little cousins when I see them on the holidays.
They love the blanket swing game probably more than they do the DS!

Just look at that smile!!!

I'm not one for smoking, but check out the variation of hats here!

No comments:

Post a Comment