Follow by Email

Not his biggest fan...but WHOAH.

I may have to start watching more of these GOP debates...even if they are like watching a circus....


"I just want to raise -- since we spent this much time on these issues, I just want to raise the point about the news media bias. You don't hear the opposite question asked. Should the Catholic Church be forced to close its adoption services in Massachusetts because it won't accept gay couples which is exactly what the state has done. Should the Catholic Church be driven out of providing charitable services in the District of Columbia because it won't give in to bigotry? Should the Catholic Church find itself discriminated against by the Obama administration on key delivering of service because of the bias of the administration? The bigotry question goes both ways. There's a lot more anti-Christian bigotry today than there is concerning the other side. None of it gets covered by the news media." 
- Newt Gingrich


8 comments:

  1. I can't support any of the GOP candidates 100%, but there's a couple of them that are pretty awesome in certain areas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. In this election, I cannot help but keep feeling that I am voting AGAINST someone than FOR someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should a Christian adoption agency be permitted to discriminate against Jewish parents, even though it accepts taxpayer funding from Jewish taxpayers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob T: I can't say I'm an expert on adoption, but I do know that there's all sorts of adoption agencies for all sorts of different folks. I know of a couple who, for example, adopted and raised two beautiful Peruvian babies from a Catholic agency. The mother of the children simply wanted her children to be raised in the same faith that she loved...even if she was unable to provide for her children. Does an adopting parent discriminate against every other religion if they choose an adoption agency that caters to a particular faith? Nope. Does a parent discriminate against other faiths by choosing to use a particular adoption agency to find a home for her children? Nope.

    If you'd like to find a Jewish adoption agency (that probably also takes in tax money from other faiths), please feel free to check the following site out:

    http://religion.adoption.com/

    I'm afraid you're going to have to try a little harder than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I really want to know to what you believe public policy SHOULD be (which is a different question from what you addressed about the choices of parents).

    I'm asking this in all sincerity: Should a Christian adoption agency be permitted to discriminate against Jewish parents, even though it accepts taxpayer funding from Jewish taxpayers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My reply can be found at the following link: http://thecatholicsciencegeek.blogspot.com/2012/01/adoption-politics-funding-oh-my-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Newt's reply there, too.

    ReplyDelete