Follow by Email

Tough, but Fair....just like this Molecular Toxicology midterm

In case you're wondering, I am in the middle of a molecular toxicology take home midterm. I've typed 4 single-spaced pages to answer 6 questions about a scientific paper that is 8 pages long (7 not including works cited). I have one more paper and 9 more questions to answer. This thing is due Tuesday and any form of procrastination is welcome at this point...so when my sister brought this joke to my attention...I felt I had to share it. Because, well, you know...I'm a scientist who believes in God.

Enjoy. 

(If you have already heard of it, just ignore and check out the latest at Bad Catholic. If you aren't Catholic, do it anyway...trust me....)


One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." 

To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"




Okay, enough procrastination. Back to work and pulling my hair out.

Pax Vobiscum




ON ANOTHER NOTE:


Great news  for those of us who aren't offended by crucifixes, the star of David, om signs, and other religious symbols. I'm all for religious freedom and feel that displaying religious symbols are a good idea....I say good idea because it promotes dialog and understanding between different faiths and, in my opinion, promotes tolerance more effectively than hiding our beliefs and forcing others to hide their beliefs as well.


2 comments:

  1. Barbara: I'm proud to have a scientist who believes in God follow my blog Crooked Halo. I, too, like Merlin (any movie or TV show he's a character in) I own 20 of the TV episodes. Did you see "How To Train A Dragon"...too cute. I enjoyed your joke and look forward to reading more of your posts. Continue defending our beautiful faith with your intellect. Oh, chocolate is a must every day. My food blog, Cucina Nanette, has a great recipe for chocolate coconut balls in a post, Christmas Candy For The Christ Child. Take a peek. N
    crookedhalocatholicblog.blogspot.com
    cucinananette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! How to Train Your Dragon is currently one of my "must watch it all the time" movies. Thanks for your support...I really appreciate you comment! I will certainly check out the food blog!

    ReplyDelete