Follow by Email

Catholic Media Promotion Day

Giving up Facebook for Lent pretty much decreased my chances of not only promoting my blog successfully, but also taking part in promoting Catholic Media as a whole. Thankfully there's quite a few people I follow who mentioned this day in their own posts (mainly Defend Us in Battle and BadCatholic (that whippersnapper!). Whoah, looks like I am already doing a good job promoting some awesome Catholic Media.

Truth be told (especially if you consider just how recent this blog happens to be), I haven't really been in the Catholic media scene for too long. In fact, I didn't even know just how much Catholic media was out there until relatively recently.

Favorite blogs:
In Caritate Non Ficta ...this guy is truly a saint in the making
BadCatholic ...quite possibly my favorite (just don't tell him I said so)
Roman Catholic Vocations one of the best I've found
Father Jim Chern's Blog (HOLY COW! I had no idea he had one of these blogger things until just now...because I've just been checking it out through Facebook...Darn you Facebook for making me so dependent on you. Darn you.)

Favorite sites/other media....sorry for lumping them all together...but, like I said...I am relatively new to this scene: 
http://catholicguyshow.blogspot.com/ ...Also available on Sirius 159 and XM 117 (M-F 4-7pm)

Various twitter accounts I follow (I am user "egosumbarb"...gave up twitter for Lent, so I can't link anyone here)

7 Penitential Psalms I am a HUGE Latin Nut....who tries to learn Latin prayers...here are the penitential psalms (very beautiful...if you ever take the time to read through them slowly and thoughtfully)

Montclair State University Newman Center (updated website) (can't forget my roots)

And of course.... The Vatican


Pax Vobiscum

5 comments:

  1. Psshhhh, here is the real Newman site (updated and all!) http://www.msunewman.com/

    FOOLLLL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But I say to you, that anyone who becomes angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment. But whoever will have called his brother, ‘Idiot,’ shall be liable to the council. Then, whoever will have called him, ‘Worthless,’ shall be liable to the fires of Hell." Matthew 5:22

    Any newcomers: carolina2525 is my younger sister and we use "fool" in love as a remaining childhood endearment...nothing offensive in nature...I assure you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read both BC and us? wow... you are going to need some SERIOUS spiritual direction (no offense Marc)

    You might want to read up on the virtue "Prudence" ... just sayin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, did I just walk into the middle of a Catholic Media crossfire? ;)

    ReplyDelete